Calder Engineering Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for Agency Workers.
Reference: DSRL 2396
Post: Senior Health Physicist
Contract Term: 12 months
Location: Dounreay, Caithness
Rate: £45-55 per hour LTD (no overtime rates apply)
The purpose of the post is to provide radiation protection advice and support to DSRL on the observance of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999 and other related topics.
The Job Holder will be responsible for providing the site projects with relevant and timely information and support in line with legal requirements.
- Degree in Science or equivalent qualification plus experience.
- Holder of RPA2000 Certification
- 5 years experience in Health Physics on a Nuclear site
- Experience of radioactive waste operations
- Experience in the production of radiological protection documentation including Risk Assessments, Operating Procedures and Instructions
The Job Holder will:
- Be an appointed RPA
- Provide projects with Radiological Protection advice and support
- Develop and provide specialist radiation protection training & technical advice to site
- Support the maintenance of codes of practice, standards and guidance
- Contribute to development of Safety Culture
- Provide advice and support to emergency arrangements
- Represent DSRL to regulators and external stakeholders
- Develop area of specialist advice for DSRL
- Undertake, interpret and cascade research of emerging topics
- Provide Health Physicist cover to site on a rota basis
- Supervision of supporting Health Physicists and trainees
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
- Have a broad knowledge of safety/environmental monitoring techniques
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of Dosimetry and relevant key legislation
- Have a thorough understanding of the philosophy behind, and application of, regulatory and legislative requirements
- Have a thorough understanding of the philosophy and practical application of Radiological Protection
- Have a detailed knowledge of Dounreay, its structure and product and service portfolio
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the philosophy and practical application of their discipline.
The Job Holder may:
- Represent Assurance at DSRL senior meetings
Closing date for submission of your CV to Calder Engineering is close of play on Tuesday 23th August 2016.
By submitting your details to Calder Engineering Ltd you are authorising us to contact you about vacancies that we feel may be suited to you. Your details may be retained for future recruitment opportunities unless you request that they are removed.
The information you give us about yourself will be used for recruitment purposes only.